P3nfsd is a Symbian (Psion/Nokia/Sony-Ericsson/etc) to UNIX/Linux
communication program. It allows you to mount the file systems of the
Phone/PDA on your UNIX machine. This means that you see all the
filesystems of the Phone/PDA as a filesystem on your UNIX machine, and
you can copy/backup/edit any file on the Phone/PDA with your preferred
tools on the UNIX machine.
- The NFS protocol is only used between the server and the
OS, the server and the client on the deivce talk a primitive
- Since some files on the phones are opened exclusively by
applications (Calendar/etc), these files cannot be read. p3nfs
right now is not the tool of choice for backuping phones
Version 5.19 (2005-10-19):
Version 5.18 (2005-05-05):
- Motorola/P800 keys are working again in nfsapp.
(Thanks for Marek K. for the hint)
- Fixed compile errors for kernel >= 2.6.11
- MacOS X (Panther) port by Pasquale Foggia.
I hope it works, as I cannot verify it.
- Series 60 OS 8.0 phones should work again. OS 8.0 changed
the executable magic...
- Nfsclient client fix from Pasquale Foggia (checking the return
codes of open and stat when reading data)
- The bluetooth server port on the client will be reopened,
so there is no need to manually restart it.
- Opened a Berlios project.
This should give you access to the unreleased version via SVN,
a wiki, a bug database and a feature request databasse. The
group will remain a
- Restructured / revisited the documentation
- Retested p3nfs on the following clients:
Psion 5MX, Nokia 7650, 6600, 6800, 9210, 9500, SE P800, P910
Note: Not all possible connection combinations were tested
on these devices, so there is still the possibility of bugs.
See CHANGES for older news.
- Thanks to Tim we have a newsgroup
- From now on nfsclient/nfsapp is using the same version
as p3nfsd. Don't get excited from the huge version change:
nfsapp 2.09 and 5.18 are the same.
- Series 60 phones over infrared, bluetooth or TCP/IP over the air.
Example devices: Nokia 6680,6600,7650,N-Gage
- Series 80 phones over cable, infrared, bluetooth, TCP/IP over wlan or
over the air
Devices: Nokia Communicator 92x0/9300/9500
- UIQ phones over infrared, bluetooth, TCP/IP over the USB cable (P800) or
over the air.
Devices: Sony Ericsson P800, P900, P910, Motorola A920, BenQ P30)
- Psion PDA's over cable or infrared
Example devices: Psion 5/5mx/netBook/revo
- EPOC16 devices over cable
Example devices: Psion 3/3a/3c/3mx
- Server packages:
- The sources:
Note1: it contains all the client binaries too.
Note2: to build these client binaries you'll need sdk2unix 1.7 or
greater, see below for the link.
(ARCH Linux package / p3nfs binary only)
- Client binaries:
These are here so you can download the correct .SIS file directly to your phone.
nfsapp-5.19-series60-v1.noirda.sis for the Nokia NGage, NGage-QD
nfsapp-5.19.series60-v1.sis for the Nokia 7650, 3650, 6600, etc.
(Symbian OS 6.1, 7.0, 7.0s)
nfsapp-5.19-series60.v2.sis for the Nokia 6630, 6680, etc.
(Symbian OS >= 8.0)
nfsapp-5.19-series80.v1.sis for the Communicator 92x0.
nfsapp-5.19-series80.v2.sis for the Communicator 9300/9500
nfsapp-5.19-UIQ.v2.sis for the SE P800/P900/P910, Motorola A920, etc.
Nfsc is a VT100 terminal emulator for the Psion Series 3 (i.e.
3/3a/3c/3mx & Sienna) palmtops.
Here is a screen dump from the current
Nfsc can also be used as a frontend for p3nfsd
Download: nfsc 5.4